Bikur Cholim בקור חולים

Monday, March 14, 2016

Find, Search III

Date: 30/10/2009
RFC: 217
The Find Function bring up a new window with three (or more) Fields where one can enter Search Criteria. This should do away with the Find Address and Find Number/eMail address Windows and replace the Ctrl+F Key Combination.

Suggestion: 35
Searching for eMail addresses
Question: Searching for eMail addresses; ask TechNet about the @ symbol and Unicode / ASCII / Raw Data / Invisible / Hidden Characters / Code Page (which is not displayed in FileMaker, only in the Avaya IP Phone Manager Lite and in QuickBooks - where text copied from Outlook is represented as Question Marks ("?") before and after the copied text - also regarding the dash ("-") and underscore ("_"), soft carriage return and similar
Answer: Use the operator \ to Escape the @symbol like this (between the quotes): "\email@address.fm"

03/09/2009
Searching for eMail addresses; ask TechNet about the @ symbol and Unicode

03/09/2009
I am looking for a Mrs "Klutz" who works in "Midas I".  So when I Search for "Klutz" I get 40 Records, when I Search for "Midas" I get 11 Records. I paged through the "Midas" Records and found her as a "Staff" at Record Number 10.
Can we have an "Advanced Search", where I can enter two Search Terms: Person and Company?

03/09/2009
Would it be possible to have WildCard search in the Name Field?
When I was looking for "Wartman" and I didn't remember his first name, only 2 instances of "Wartman" appeared in the Predictive (or Autofill? or auto-complete as you call it). 
However, when I searched for "Wartman" only, the result was 9 records. 
Would it be possible to show all of them in the Auto Complete List? 
One way would be to have (yet another) Field where all the words in a string are rearranged back to front; i.e. "Lesley Wartman" becomes " Wartman Lesley ", so in whichever way I search it will come up.

Date: 12/10/2009
RFC#: 179
When looking for an address, I sometimes need the same address again.
Please make sure the Search Address window doesn't clear when closed. Instead, the text should stay there, highlighted.

This way it is still there for the next time if needed and if not, we can start typing right away (as the selected text will disappear immediately when we start typing)

No comments:

Post a Comment