Bikur Cholim בקור חולים

Friday, November 6, 2015

Size Matters - Part II

Size Matters

Where can I find the size of FileMaker Objects?
  • One Record
  • One Layout
  • One File
Example: I need to send a dummy file to a developer so he can see our file and work on it.

Problem: "The file you're attaching is bigger than the server allows."

Solution: Delete the unnecessary Layouts or delete more Records?

I deleted about 25 Logo's from the Contacts Layout and the file size changed from 174MB to 160MB.
I deleted about 25 Layouts from the File and the file size changed from 160MB to 159MB.
I deleted 33848 Records from the Contacts Layout and the file size changed from 159MB to 63.9MB (these indisputably had some more Logo's in some of the records, which contributed to the size of this file).
I deleted another 50,000+/- Records from the Factory Visits, Certificates and Formulations Layouts and the file size changed from 63.9MB to 32.8MB.
I deleted another 55,000+/- Records from the "Layout #142" Layout and the file size changed from 32.8MB to 22.5MB.
I deleted about 25 Logo's from the Certificate Layouts and the file size changed from 22.5MB to 20.6MB.
I deleted about 25 additional Layouts from the File and the file size changed from 20.6MB to 19.7MB.


No comments:

Post a Comment