Bikur Cholim בקור חולים

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Spaces or no Spaces?

From: Menasche Scharf [n]
Sent: 09 March 2009 14:43
The Contracts Manager asked me why when he copies an address from FileMaker into QuickBooks; he always needs to delete so many spaces between the different parts of an address.
I proceeded to delete the spaces by eliminating the following text from the formula in the FindText Field: and ” “
The next morning, Works Manager calls me and asks why suddenly he can copy text from FileMaker to QuickBooks, but all the words are stuck together!
I explained to him that – if he remembers – I asked him to enter any piece of address into FileMaker with a space, so that when we need to copy it elsewhere it will look nice. As a precaution for when he forgets to add a space, I added a space in the formula between each field.
Now I think the solution to this conflict would be to ensure that whenever a user leaves an address field, FileMaker should add a space after the end of every address string.


No comments:

Post a Comment