Bikur Cholim בקור חולים

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Associated Records Issues I

Associated Contacts of the same Company / Record
When there are Records that belong to one Company, it is unfair to expect me to go through each and every one of the employees' Records and set the Type as Office Address.
Maybe you could formulate a script that compares a postcode with a telephone number and based on the match it will assign the label automatically?
Menasche says: The same should apply to any setting that is the same across all Records that belong to a company: Credit Rating for example.

Date: 08/09/2009
The Field 'Credit' should automatically update for Staff of a Company, as they represent their Company.

Q. The Find Address Box found 2 X 152 Ashtray Walk: once with Postcode E5 9UJ and another once with Postcode E5 9PH.
When I chose to go to the latter it showed me the first record in the database (EDF) - why?
A. The reason for this is that there is no longer a contact for that address, because of the import/exporting of the records, however you should have gotten a message box to this effect, and I have fixed it now.
I will however deal with the problem that was caused by the exporting and importing of records causing that some contact details and address and company/staff no longer exist

Suggestion 36: Disassociate two records
Problem: I find that when I delete an Association between two records, I need to do this in both Records. Why?
Solution:

Q. When a Tenant moves out, there are details that need to be deleted / moved. How can we do it in one go?
One suggestion: Like Company / Staff works with Associations, Tenant / Property should be the same.
This way, we only have to Disconnect / Delete the Tenant's Association from the Property and it's all done.
A. The only thing that needs to be done is to change the contact name, or have I misunderstood you?

Q. How do I change a customer's Association?
I need to re-assign a job, as I entered it into the wrong customer record: instead of Umbellic Musings I pasted it into Powered Hose.

21/09/2009
I tried to Associate a Property Address Record with a Landlord's Record, but it didn't work.

I deleted the colon (:) from the Address of the Landlord and it now works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment